Ask a Urologist   »  

Taken Cipro for UTI, sore urethra, painful, low energy

Hi Doctor, I finished taking a 3 day course of Cipro for a uti last Monday, but I still don't feel 100%. I don't have a lot of energy, although that is slowly improving with tons of sleep. I'm drinking lots of water and taking care of myself, but I still don't feel "normal". My urethra is somewhat sore and from time to time has a very slight dull pain. Otherwise, all of the other uti symptoms are gone.
I'm very worried that I could still be sick and I'm about to go on a trip this morning!! ugh, please advise..

Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Its good to note that you are recovering from UTI.
Kindly take enough fruit juices including cranberry juice in addition to water.
You may also take multivitamin tables which will help hasten recovery.
Kindly get back for queries, if any.
Get well soon.