Ask a Dentist   »  

Taken Amoxicillin for molar extraction. White zit-like spots around extraction. Discomfort. What can this be?

I had a moller extracted (root cananed and crowned in the past) on 5/16. Taking Amoxicillin 500mg since. Just noticed several white zit-like spots around the extraction on my gums since last night. Having some discomfort. What can this be?
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later

A root canal treatment usually cleans up the root canals of the tooth which are away from the gums and do not affect the gums by any chance.

The white spots you noticed could be the Calcium Hydroxide which is used in fixings the cap after root canal.If you touch the spots with the tongue you can feel sour taste of it.If it does not taste so it could be something else and I could be specific in my opinion if you can photograph the lesions and attach here.

Anticipating your response.