Taken 4 ipill. Having problems with periods, fever and headache. What could be the problem?

hi my gf has taken 4 ipills in the last 3 weeks, she has problems with her cycle now and has some tissue like discharge coming out with she vommitted twice and had low grade fever...with headache....what could be the problem? why is this happening? is it a mis carriage or is she pregnant? is this normal? she did a pregnancy test one week back and it was negative.
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 26 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is not safe to take the i pill without prescription, they can be responsible for serious complication. I advice you to advice her not to take those drugs.
Urine pregnancy test should be done a week after missed period. If it is done before that there is always chances of it being false negative. If she has done it within week of missed period i advice you top repeat the test preferably using early morning urine sample.
If then also it turns to be negative then chances of she being pregnant is less likely. If her period continues to be late i advice you to see OBG specialist for further examination and to find the cause.
I advice you if you are not planning for pregnancy some means of contraception should be used.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Taken 4 ipill. Having problems with periods, fever and headache. What could be the problem? 5 minutes later
thankyou dr

what can cause a fever in this situation?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 16 minutes later
Good to hear from you.
Presently i don't think the fever will be severe issue. Some times fever and vomiting can be seen during menstruation.
I advice you to wait till her periods get over and after that go for ultrasound to rule out any chances of incomplete abortion in case.
If the severity of fever increases it is better to get herself examined by the OBG specialist. Presently as you have mentioned she has low grade fever i think she should be fine.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.