Taken 4 doses of rabies injection. Delayed last dose. Solution? Safe?

Question
I had 4 doses of rabipur and i delayed last dose for two months .what are possinle consequence i may face.and what is solution.

Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later
Hello Mr.XXXXX!
Thanks for query.
Usually three doses are sufficient for protection from rabies.It will provide adequate antibody titer for a period of one year.You are out of risk from rabies as you have already received 4 doses.5th dose is for the maintenance of antibody titer for long duration.Delaying 5th dose do not harm in any ways.
Hope I answered your query.
Regards.

Follow-up: Taken 4 doses of rabies injection. Delayed last dose. Solution? Safe? 1 hour later
thank u sir,are there any side effects such as joint pains for using rabipur. Bite is on my tibial bone.i am experiencing sme sort of minor inflammation around that area.is that thing anyway relatd to rabies. I am also having muscle sprain in foot.

Hello Mr.XXXXX!
Thanks for reply.
Rabipur can cause joint pain but it will subside in few days.It requires symptomatic treatment only.
If you have any queries please let me know.
Thank you.