Take vitamins throughout the day and powered fiber supplements before vitamins. Suggest?

I take vitamins throughout the day. I also take a powered fiber supplement. If I take the fiber before the vitamins, will this decrease the absorption of the vitamins?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Fibers increase the bulk of stools by absorbing water from the intestines. But I do not think that they absorb the vitamins as well. So not much to be worried about it. Still if you think it is hampering in some way, then you can take both at least 2 hours apart.

Adsorbents like Pepto-bismol should be avoided with any other medicines like vitamins etc.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee