Ask a Urologist   »  

Take urine drug test at work. Test came up positive. Take aleve for joint pain in ankles and knees. Suggest

Jul 2016

i had to take a urine drug test at work and was wondering why my test came up positive for t h c when i do not smoke any marijuana. I take aleve for it everyday for joint pain in my ankles and knees

would aleve cause a false positive urine test for thc? Please i really would like to know as soon as possible my job is on the line
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is unlikely to be due to Aleve.

Detailed Answer:

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking Aleve (Naproxen) for joint pain and reported to have THC positive on routine urine tests.

Naproxen is a arthritis or muscular pain.

Since it does not belong to derivative of Codeine the positive THC reported in your urine could not be due to Aleve but may be due to some other medicine or extreme passive smoking.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you