Take seraquel every night and doxapin with two drinks. Is that dangerous?

I take 300 mg of seraquel every night and and 150 mg of doxapin and also have at least two drinks. Is that dangerous?
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 17 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said you are taking quetiapine and doxapin , with alcohol (2drinks).

Yes this is very XXXXXXX as alcohol is a Brain depressant , meaning it decreases every thing related to brain like breathing can decrease , low blood pressure , low heart rate , severe sleepiness.

Doxapin and quetiapine both cause sedation + brain depressant , which is almost 2x increased with addition of one drink having a concentration of ( 47-81% alcohol).

I would strongly recommend not to take alcohol ( even beer 5-13% alcohol) while taking these medicines.

If you want a drink , you need to leave those medicines 2 days before , so that the risks are low.

I hope this explains your query.

Stay happy and healthy.

Follow-up: Take seraquel every night and doxapin with two drinks. Is that dangerous? 25 hours later
Can you mix seraquel with doxapin?
Answered by Dr. Omer 18 minutes later
Hello again,

Thankyou for understanding.

quetiapine + doxepin
quetiapine and doxepin both increase sedation. Significant interaction so Monitor Closely.

No, you cannot mix both the drugs as you will have severe brain depression , with very deep sleep , difficult to arouse.

I would recommend to take quetiapine or doxapin , who-ever makes you less drowsy , take it in morning , and the one with more drowsiness , take it before bed time, as both drugs cause drowsiness in different intensities.

Hope this helps.