Take prozac and wellbutrin. Cannot afford the latuda. What can be done?

i take 20 mg prozac 300 mg wellbutrin 40 latuda and 10 mg abilify i ran out of and latuda i have an appt with pdoc next tuesday can i take 5 mg saphris to get me buy?? or just stop taking latuda

the problem is i cannot afford the latuda 700.00 i have two tablets left and that won't stretch to tuesday i do have saphris
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Advised not to self-prescribe such medications

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

Both latuda and saphris are used to treat psychiatric conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder; but both are anti-psychotic prescription drugs, which means they cannot be taken without a doctor's prescription or without being under the direct supervision of a doctor due to their long list of side-effects.

For this reason, I would advice you to visit your doctor and request for a shift from latuda to saphris. But, before this happens, I would kindly request you not to self-prescribe. Discontinuing the medication might lead to a relapse of symptoms of your condition, which is why scheduling an appointment with your doctor at the earliest would be the wisest thing to do now.

I hope I have successfully cleared your queries and explained them in a manner best understood by you. You may write back to me anytime for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.