Take prescription and OTC drugs, haven't smoked pot recently. Cause for false positive for THC in urine drug test?

Yes, you may help me to determine what would cause a false positive for THC in a urine drug test? I take prescription and OTC drugs and haven't smoked pot in 3 months.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The cause of false positive could be OTC

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.
Based on experience some OTC drugs cause false positive THC in urine drug tests. Marinol usage is most common cause in my patients.

I usually like to do repeat confirmatory tests after I have looked at all the drugs and herbal preparation patient has taken.

I would recommend you give list of all the OTC drugs and herbal preparation you have taken to doctor so that they are taken into account as they repeat the test, it will be negative results.