Take low dose of prednisone for organizing pneumonia condtion. Feeling tightness in chest. Am I more steroid dependent?

Sure. I take a low dose prednisone in the am (2.5
-5 mg) for an organizing pneumonia condtion-have for a couple years, but I notice every afternoon about 3 pm I start getting a tightness in my chest. If I add more prednisone, 5-10 mg, it relieves it, but I am wondering if it is also making me more steroid dependent. Also use a flow-vent inhaler in the am.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 36 minutes later

thanks for the query. The concept is that you should be on the lowest maintenance dose of prednisone that keeps your symptoms away if you still have symptoms then perhaps discuss with your pulmonologist about increasing the daily dose for a while, as the medication effect should last for the whole day

truly yours

Dr Brenes Salazar
Mayo Clinic