Take fish oil DHA which helps with tryglycerides. Is it safe to take empty stomach?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I take fish oil. DHA..[which helps greatly with my tryglycerides] Is it okay to take on an empty stomach?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Yes, It is okay. there is no some specific recommendation about it so there is no contraindication for taking it on empty stomach. It wont cause acid hypersecretion or irritate stomach mucosa.
the only thing that is possible is that there could be a bit higher absorption if this is taken with meal because then more fish oil will reach bowel where absorption is more significant than in stomach,but you can compensate this by taking more fish oil.
WIsh you good health. feel free to ask. Regards