Take blood thinners, eye was blood shot. Have congestive heart failure with valve repair. Suggest?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
I TAKE BLOOD THINNERS ( 5 MG PER DAY ) MY INR WAS 3.1 A FEW DAYS AGO.. MY RIGHT EYE HAS BEEN BLOOD SHOT FOR 2 DAYS... COULD THIS BE FROM MY BLOOD BEING TOO THIN ? I HAVE CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE WITH A VALVE REPAIR..
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for sending your question.

It is very likely that the reason why your eye Is bloodshot is because you are on Coumadin. Your Coumadin level is only slightly elevated. At the same time being on blood thinners put you at high risk for developing minor bleeding episodes. This can occur with sneezing or coughing which may be the case for you.

Please discuss this further with your primary care doctor.

Dr Galamaga