Take Tri-nessa and spironolactone together. Does the birth control benefit of the Tri-Nessa lessen due to the Spironolactone?

I take Tri-nessa and spironolactone 25 mg tablets together as prescribed by my dermatologist. Does the birth control benefit of the Tri-Nessa lessen due to the Spironolactone?
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
SPIRONOLACTONE is the drug which has been classified as anti androgen and is used by dermatologists for clearing of acne.
Studies indicate that more than 60% of women show very excellent clearing of skin with use of spironolactone,however this number jumps to more than 85% when spironolactone is used in conjunction with oral contraceptive pills.
There is absolutely no problem using both together and the birth control effect is not reduced with concomitant use of spironolactone with TRI-NESSA.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck