Take Synthroid for thyroid and have excessive sweating. What could be the reason for experiencing hot flashes?

I take Synthroid for Thyroid................I have excessive sweating after even minor work. I don't believe it is Hot Flashes, as it happens all the time, even when it's not summer. Could it be Thyroid. I heard this is your "thermostate"?
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check thyroid labs

Detailed Answer:
Such sweating issues can occur when the synthroid dose is excessive. The only way to be sure is to do bloodwork for the following laboratory tests :

Free T4

If these results come back normal, then it is extremely unlikely that your thyroid is responsible for the excessive sweating.