Take MG Trazadone , got stuck in throat. Have lasting sore throat, cough and pain. Taking carafate. Suggest?

I take a 300 MG Trazadone tablet each night before bed. Last Friday night it got stuck in my throat and I swallowed hard to get it un-stuck in my throat. Problem is that I have lasting sore throat, gag easily, cough constantly and lasting pain that won't go away. It will be 7 days tomorrow since this happened and the symptoms have not resolved. I read that you can scratch or tear your esophagus but I have been unable to find out low long it will take to heal. I am taking Carafate that my ENT or Gastrontolgist?
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
If your symptoms are still persisting even after a week of such an incident,it really raises several doubts.
Any local inflammation caused by that tablet should have been healed by now.
You must go to ER and be seen by a chest specialist or by a pulmonologist.
The real danger is if some portion of tablet might have gone in your respiratory tract.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck