Take Dalmane, Klonapin and Xanax for sleep. Have severe anxiety. Suggest?

Dec 2014

I take 30mg of Dalmane, 2mg of Klonapin and 2.5 mg of Xanax per night for sleep. I have severe anxiety thoughout the day but am only allowed to take 2mg of Xanax per day. I don't think I'm supposed to take it all at night but thats what it takes to put me to sleep. I'm anorexic. 5'4 and 100 pounds. How much is too much?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You have bipolar affective disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, anorexia nervosa and borderline personality disorder. You are taking 30 mg flurazepam, 2mg clonazepam and 2.5 mg of alprazolam in night for sleep. In day time you are having severe anxiety and you take 2 mg alprazolam only. You are 160 cms and have weight of 100 pounds only. Expected weight for that height and age should be around 110 pounds.

First thing I would like to tell you that you have multiple psychiatric disorders and you are taking multiple benzodiazepines drugs in night. All three drugs are benzodiazepines and have more or less same mechanism of action. Although they cause sedation and help in good sleep but they cant treat anxiety completely. I would recommend you to visit a Psychiatrist for evaluation. Many medicines like Mirtazepine, trazodon etc can help in good sleep and they are good anti depressant and anti anxiety drugs. They are also free of dependence potential and are useful in anorexia nervosa also. With time they will help in day time anxiety also.

For symptomatic relief you cant take Flupentixole+Melitracen combination twice a day. These drugs don't make individual dependent and help to control anxiety.

I would advise you that the doses of benzodiazepines are high and multiple use of these drugs can make you dependent and with time tolerance will develop, which will cause increased intake of high doses in future and resulting dependence.

Hope it helps you, if you have more queries you can ask again.