Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry about? Dog ran into me

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
My dog ran into me yesterday and fell on my back. Have tailbone pain that is already getting better, but a small bruise appeared on my stomach today. My lower abdomen is sore like when you have over exercised, but also getting better. Anything to worry about?
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 30 minutes later

I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I would be answering your question.

Since both the bruise and tailbone pain are getting better, there is no need to worry.

However, I would like to have some more information before I can give my final opinion.

1. Is the bruise related to the dog running in to you?
2. Do you have any painful urination?
3. Are you bowel movements normal?
4. What medications you are taking now?
5. Any other medial illness?

Kindly get back to me with the answer to these questions.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry about? Dog ran into me 6 hours later
1. The bruise appeared yesterday. Not sure why. I fell on my back/butt
2. No pain urinating
3. Having some constipation
4. No medications
5. No Illnesses

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 19 hours later
Thanks for the additional information provided.
Since there are no other medical illnesses, there is no need to worry about the bruise. Bruise may last for about 5-7 days before they disappear.
Since the pain in the tail bone and the lower abdomen are getting better, there is no need to worry.
You can take Tab. Tylenol 1 tablet as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) for better relief from pain.
Since you are constipated also, drink plenty of fluids and eat high fiber diet.
I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept the answer and rate the service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini