Tail bone pain often after sex, frequent urination, sore throat, thinner stools. Possible cause and solution to problem?

Hello. I am male, 20 years, 5'9" height, 180 pounds. I have been suffering from tail bone pain from the last 9-10 months. The physician told me to get a blood test and a urine culture test done. The reports were normal and so the doctor gave me antibiotics thinking that it might be a case of prostate infection. The medicine showed no improvement and I still suffer from tail bone pain. I feel the pain whenever I touch the tailbone or whenever I sit. I have started to pass urine frequently at night. I have realized that I get lower back pain after intercourse(do not have an idea if that has something to do with it). Sometimes my throat is sore when I get the tailbone pain. Recently, there has been a change in my bowel movement. I have thinner stools than normal.
Please let me know the possible cause and solution to the problem.

I talked to XXXXXXX customer executive, Mr. XXXXXXX who recommended that this situation be put in front of a urologist by you if possible.

Have a magical day,

Thanks and Regards
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 53 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
2.) Did you sustain any injury or fall on your lower back?
3.) Do you sit for prolonged periods?

Your History suggests you have Coccydynia.

Your Urine report culture says you also have a UTI). You need a thorough combined evaluation by a Urologist and a Orthopedician for both UTI and Coccydynia. Your Doctor will examine you and suggest further tests like, lateral X-ray of the coccyx to rule any fracture of coccyx. He/she may also order CT scan or MRI scan if it is clinically necessary.

Once confirmed, treatment is conservative which involves Antibiotics for UTI and Analgesics for Coccydynia along with Physiotherapy. Surgery is considered in severe cases.

You can follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, this will avoid constipation and pain while passing stools.
2.) Apply ice packs or heat pads to the tailbone area for 15-20 minutes, 4 times a day.
3.) You can purchase a "doughnut" cushion or pillow to sit on. This has a hole in the middle of it to prevent your tailbone from contacting the flat surface and thus avoiding pain.
4.) Avoid sitting for long periods of time. When seated, sit on hard surfaces and alternate sitting on each side of the buttocks. Also, lean forward and direct your weight away from the tailbone.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.
6.) Drink plenty of water.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Tail bone pain often after sex, frequent urination, sore throat, thinner stools. Possible cause and solution to problem? 43 hours later
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
You had asked me a few questions and I am writing to you to answer those questions so that it may help you to determine better

1. I sometimes get a burning sensation while passing urine.
2. I never fell or had any injury in my lower back.
3. I try not to sit for prolonged periods and sit on alternate buttocks.

I wanted to know if I should see a Urologist first or I should see a Orthopedician first?
I am a little more concerned about this lately because before I contacted you I researched on google which and came to know that these may also be symptoms for tailbone cancer.

My doctor told me that the urine report was normal and gave me antibiotics for prostate infection. Thanks for advising me.

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 6 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

Your urine report suggests, you have a UTI for which your Doctor has already prescribed you antibiotics. You will have to just take them as directed by your Doctor and go for regular follow up.

For Tail Bone pain, you will have to consult a Orthopedician, as let me tell you that Tail Bone cancer is extremely rare and it is called Chordoma. Kindly do not believe the which you get on the Internet.

Visit a Orthopedician at the earliest and get yourself examined and do follow the advice which I have given you previously, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope, this helps to answer your query.

Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.