Tah bso surgery done. Have red palm, experiencing electric sensation on arm, no chest pain. Solution?

Jan 2013

I am 47 yeras old, 140 lbs. I had a TABHSO surgery 4 years ago. My problem is "I have an electric sensation on my Left arm and hand for two days now that occurs several times a day. Both palms are reddish in color. I have no chest pain or pain on my left arm . As of now I am not taking any kind of medication. I do not know if what my query is related to i just picked HPN and HD
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 48 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Do you have any discomfort or pain while moving neck?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of neuropathic radicular pain due to cervical spondylitis.
Compression of nerve radicles due to increased osteophytes in cervical spndylitis may be the reason for pain in left upper limb.

As such there appears to be least possibility of heart ailments and vascular disease (as both palms are reddish).

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ orthopedic surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for x XXXXXXX cervical spine, serum vitamin B12 and folic acid level, electrocardiography.
You should also go for CT/ MRI scan of cervical spine, if needed.

You should take analgesics along with muscle relaxants.
You should also consult with physiotherapist for faster recovery.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava