TVS, endometrium thickness 4.2mm, echogenic focus 3.44mm in cavity, pregnant ?

Hi Doctor, I had a TVS last week. It Showed that my Endometrium thickness is 4.2mm.Also there is a small Echogenic Focus of 3.4mm seen in the Cavity? Is there a possibility that i m pregnanat
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 6 hours later

Thanks for your query .

The above details are incomplete for me to come to a conclusion . Hence I request you to give these information as well

1. Have you confirmed pregnancy with a urine pregnancy test and beta hcg levels ?

2. Have you missed your cycles ? if so , when was your last menstrual cycle date?

3. when was the TVS scan done ?

4. Is this your first pregnancy , also would want to know about your menstrual history in brief

I would answer your questions on receiving these details.

Follow-up: TVS, endometrium thickness 4.2mm, echogenic focus 3.44mm in cavity, pregnant ? 40 minutes later
I had taken a UPT somewhere around the 18th of March & it had tested negative.
I got my periods just one day late i.e. on 28th March 2011.
TVS was done on April 1st 2011.
Yes,This is my 1st pregnancy. My menstrual Cycle is of 28 days & usually i get my periods for 3 days only. The first 2 days are heavy flow & 3rd is very scanty. I m ok during my periods but the last time was very painful & Very heavy in terms of flow. Also my periods in Feb on Feb 26th were very scanty & lasted only for 2 days.

Can u pls confirm if i m pregnant or not
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 8 hours later

Thanks for following me up,

If you had your periods on March 28th , then pregnancy is not a chance here.

The ecogenic focus in the TVS could be a debri ( clot or endometrial cast ), and the endometrium thickness is less ( 4.2mm) and typical of non pregnant post menstruation picture.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: TVS, endometrium thickness 4.2mm, echogenic focus 3.44mm in cavity, pregnant ? 7 hours later
Thanks a lot Doctor. But then Y do i get Vomitting Sensations often since last 15 days.Also i witnessed Spottings at regular intervals. My nose has been bleeding a lot & i get a lot of milky white coloured vaginal discharge.
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 7 hours later

Vomiting sensation could be because of increased level of Beta HCG hormone in your blood.

The next best thing would be to check for serial titres of Serum Beta HCG hormone. The other symptoms warrant a vaginal examination by Gynecologist though they sound benign. The probable reasons can be clear after a genuine physical examination.

Wish you Good Health.