TSH test result. Medication & best endocrinologist around indiranagar or banaswadi in bangalore?

Hi ,
I would like to know a best endocrinologist in and around indiranagar or banaswadi bangalore and also my TSH value is 9 .PLease suggest what dosage to be taken
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thyroxine dosage needs to be adjusted according to the symptoms, previous thyroid values, any changes and proper clinical examination.

Do not even consider adding or reducing your dosage without proper examination and blood tests. The changes are to be made after discussion with the treating Doctor.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Regarding the Endocrinologist, Dr. Vageesh Ayyar in St. John's Medical College has good reviews. You can also visit Fortis Hospital, Marathalli.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.

Follow-up: TSH test result. Medication & best endocrinologist around indiranagar or banaswadi in bangalore? 1 hour later
I have been taken normal dosage of 100 mg everyday.Now since the TSH value is 9 I am worried and moreover I will be travelling to US shortly hence I need some advice to be followed
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 10 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

If the TSH values are higher in comparison to previous ones then the dose adjustment might be required after evaluation of your weight, body type, height, previous doses and might be increased accordingly.
Regarding going abroad you can consult with an Endocrinologist right now here and there is no problem in travelling.

Please accept my answer if you have no further concerns.

Wishing you Good health.