TMT test shows fatigue, ST depression, inducible ischemia. What does it indicate and is it a matter of concern?

Cardiologist, Interventional

I recently did a TMT test, a regular health checkup and this is the first time I have done this test. The test report indicates as follows.

"Fatigue, There was significant ST depression noted in Inferolateral leads which prevented in Recovery"
"TMT is positive for Inducible Ischema"

Please let me know what it indicates, and is it a matter of concern.

Some details which might help.

Age - 36
Height - 167 cms
Weight - 72

Thank You
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Yes the report is quite abnormal and of concern.

The significant ST depression present in exercise and recovery means quite strong possibility of blockage in heart. But in same breadth if you have no symptoms it may be false positive. But that has to supported by additional tests.

Next best test you should under go is a coronary angiogram which could be conventional or CT coronary angiogram. If it comes as normal then there is no concern and if it comes as abnormal then you might requires specific treatment which is earlier done the better.

Hope my answer is of help to you. Please feel free to write back to me if you have additional concerns.