TMT borderline positive for reversible ischemia. Is there a treatment?

tmt borderline positive for reversible ischemia what is it treatment
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 34 minutes later

This test result means that when the heart of the concerned person is put under strain (like exercise, anxiety), the blood supply to the heart is not sufficient to XXXXXXX its demands.
Since I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I would request you to answer the following questions:

a. Have you been diagnosed with high blood pressure or diabetes?
b. Has a lipid profile been done for you? If yes, can you upload the reports?

I would suggest the following:
a. Eat a healthy diet consisting of small meals at frequent intervals. Avoid salt, oil and sweets.
b. Do not exercise till you have seen a cardiologist in person.
c. Avoid stress and all types of anxiety.
d. Take Tablet Ecosprin 1 tablet daily with food till you see your physician

In addition, you would need further investigations like a stress echocardiogram, a computerised tomography angiogram or a nuclear stress test under the supervision of your cardiologist. Further treatment can be decided once we have the results of either of these investigations.
I would suggest that you see a cardiologist who will be able to perform a full evaluation and prescribe appropriate treatment.

Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: TMT borderline positive for reversible ischemia. Is there a treatment? 10 hours later
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 22 minutes later

Thanks for sending in the prescription.

I infer that the blood pressure is normal and investigations for diabetes and lipid profile are still to be done.

As far as I can decipher, you are receiving the right treatment.

The first medicine seloken 25 mg contains Metaprolol and is your medicine for blood pressure.

Ecosprin is a XXXXXXX form of aspirin which reduces the chances of clot formation.

Ranolaz is a drug which is given in patients with ischemia.

Please follow the advice of your physician and that given above.

Wish you a healthy life ahead.
Follow-up: TMT borderline positive for reversible ischemia. Is there a treatment? 12 hours later
THANKS DOCTOR ; My Lab. reports expected to come today at 4.00pm, I shall send you,
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 50 minutes later

I'll have a look at the reports and get back to you.

Follow-up: TMT borderline positive for reversible ischemia. Is there a treatment? 9 hours later
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 19 hours later

I am sorry for getting back late.

I have gone through your reports and I would like to make the following comments:

a. You are not suffering from diabetes.
b. Your kidney functions are completely normal
c. Your complete blood count is also normal.

Hence, I would suggest the following:

a.     Have a healthy and balanced diet keeping the following in mind:
Do not have heavy meals. Prefer small, light meals instead
Restrict oil and sugar intake. You should be taking about 1 tsp of oil (total, including what we put in the food) in the whole day.
Avoid sweets, fried food, juices and fruits like bananas, mangoes, sapota and grapes.
Also avoid rice and prefer using wheat instead.
Do not use full fat/full cream milk, cheese or butter. Take toned or skimmed milk instead/
Restrict salt intake to less than 1 tsp in a day

b. Walk for atleast 30-40 minutes daily.

c. Please take the medication regularly. You're receiving the right treatment and taking this treatment regularly will really help a lot.

d. Please visit the emergency immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms: chest pain, breathlessness, feeling of doom/restlessness, problems in speech, moving any body part.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. I will be available for follow up queries.
Warm regards