THrobbing all over the body, diagnosed neck spine curvature problem, limb and shoulder pain. Reason?

since about last month or so i am having throbbing (it seems the heart is at that place and you can actually see the skin going up and down) all over my body (arms legs and shoulders). when I change the position it goes away.
what can be the reason?
also i was diagnosed with neck spine curvature problem not so major...and I have constant aches on the limbs as well as shoulders and armpits.
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I read your question with diligence.
Frankly, I am sure you are describing something between the two symptoms:
1. Palpitation is an abnormality of heartbeat that ranges from often unnoticedto abnormal awareness of heartbeats) skipped beats or accelerated heartrate to very noticeable changes accompanied by dizziness or difficulty breathing. Heart palpitations can be symptoms of illnesses such abnormal heart rhythm or other diseases of heart like leakage of valve and pounding or throbing is felt from within.

2. Fasdiculations: As you specifically said that heart is in right place (in palpitation description also, person does not say that place has not changed but in this case history) Involuntary contractions or twitchings of groups of muscle fibers. Fasciculations can occur in normal individuals without an associated disease or condition, or as a result of illness, such as muscle cramps, nerve diseases,

If your description is the 2nd one then the cause is most likely benign fasciculation syndrome. Apparently a cause has been found.

Please note that most of the nerves supplying muscle beneath the skin whose movements is causing the problems, takes their origin from nervous system located within our spine and come out in neck region. If there is abnormal curvature, the space between two disc is reduced their is pressure on the nerve which can cause irritation of nerve in certain posure and thus twiching. That could be the case with you and sleeping on hard beds, thin pillow and some neck exercises to make neck muscle strong and correct posture which you might have been advised will see the end of problem.

Throbing sensation is generally taken with heart. But you did not say that you were missing a beat or your heart rate has been abnormally high, it may start like a bolt from blue and then become normal as abruptly as it came. Neither did you say that you have been diagnosed as your heart has been dignosed abnormal. So, I believe it is first condition that too benign should subside with some life style changes.

I hope the answer has been helpful. Otherwise please come up with a followup query, I will be most pleased to answer as soon as possible. We might have misundersood your question and I am willing to try again.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: THrobbing all over the body, diagnosed neck spine curvature problem, limb and shoulder pain. Reason? 9 hours later
Thanks for the answer doctor,
about a two month ago I had my heart checkup ( ECG and Ultrasound of the heart)
the observations were as follows.

ECG- 1-Sinus Rhythm 2-T wave Inversion at lead III

2D Doppler Cardiography- Trivial Tricuspid Regurgitation and Mild Pulmonary regurgitation PAEDP=7.26mmhg other things are normal.

The Doctor said everything is fine with the heart.
So I can say that the problem might be due to my neck.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 19 minutes later

The EKG and echocardiography + Doppler findings certainly suggest normal heart.

In view of your other symptoms and neck curvature being found abnormal point towards cervical Region. Bony abnormality causing nerve irritation (when it leaves the cervical spine) and fasciculations.

Follow the advice of your doctor who diagnosed abnormal curvature plus I am sure your doctor will agree with life style changes which I suggested. Discuss with him role of and need for cervical collar (can be worn only indoors).

If there is any further query I will be able to answer.

Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW