TECHNIQUE: Transabdominal pelvic ultrasound was performed with additional transvaginal images

Question
TECHNIQUE: Transabdominal pelvic ultrasound was performed with additional transvaginal images to better evaluate
the endometrium or deep pelvic structures.
COMPARISON: No pertinent prior studies have been submitted for comparison.
LMP: September 27, 2017. The patient is postpartum since October, 2016. Menstrual cycles resume 7 months later.
FINDINGS:
Uterus:
Size (cm): 7.3 x 3.6 x 4.9 cm
Endometrial thickness (mm): 9 mm
Endometrium and Myometrium: There is a subendometrial cyst in the posterior mid uterus measuring 5 x 4 x 3 mm. A
second endometrial cyst is seen in the right cornual area, measuring 2 x 2 by 3 mm.
Cervix: No significant abnormalities.
Right Adnexa: The right ovary measures 2.7 x 1.9 x 2.5 cm. There are several small echogenic foci seen within the ovary,
the largest measuring 2 mm. No masses are identified. Color Doppler blood flow is present.
Left Adnexa: The left ovary measures 2.8 x 2.1 x 2.2 cm and also contains multiple small echogenic foci could
representing calcium or scars. No cystic or solid masses are seen.
Other: No significant free fluid in the cul-de-sac.
IMPRESSION:
2 small endometrial and subendometrial uterine cysts, of uncertain clinical significance. Bilateral ovarian tiny echogenic
foci, but no mass is seen.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Follow-up: TECHNIQUE: Transabdominal pelvic ultrasound was performed with additional transvaginal images 3 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Above is my recent US report.

I am worried about the endometrial cyst mentioned above. I delivered my first baby on October 27 2016 and got my first period 7 months post delivery. I never had any history of cyst before.

And this baby is conceived via IVF treatment(because of irregular periods/Balanced translocation in my gene).
Please review the result and tell me anything serious.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Due to endometriosis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Endometrial cyst is caused by endometriosis . This does not always cause symptoms. And it usually isn't dangerous. It can cause some difficulty in conception and a pelvic pain during the periods. Since no specific cyst in ovaries has been detected no active treatment is needed right now.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: TECHNIQUE: Transabdominal pelvic ultrasound was performed with additional transvaginal images 14 minutes later
will this cyst go away....?....is it cancerous?
I went to the doctor because I had prolonged period post delivery....my doctor said the cyst will go away(reabsorbed by body) since it is not solid....just wanted second opinion....thats why checking here...

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not cancerous.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The cyst is a small one and is not cancerous. This will get absorbed in the body on its own. No need to worry. It can cause a painful bleeding during periods.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.