TB lymphadenitis, taking AKT4 tablets. Is it advisable to take egg white and milk daily, if one has cholesterol?

Hi, My Mom (56 yrs) is diagnosed TB Lymphadenitis and started taking AKT4 tablets last 2 days back. I heard that taking egg and milk on daily basis is good for those who take AKT4 tablets. But my mom has
Cholesterol and taking Ecosprin. So, please suggest is it advisable to take egg white and milk on daily basis. Also, please suggest cholesterol free nutritious food to tackle AKT 4 side effects.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 29 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Yes, you are right.Protein intake is necessary for fighting TB infection.
Egg white is fine as much as milk in the presence of elevated cholesterol levels for your mother. Only the egg yolk has cholesterol and should be avoided.

Pyridoxine is prophylactically given to counter the side effects of Isoniazid. So, a generous intake of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables is good. A balanced diet is all that is necessary more than anything else.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.