T3 levels high, gaining weight, fluid retention. Over medicated? Hyperthyroidism?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
My t3 levels are high but I am gaining weight and retaining fluid. Could I be over medicated? I am not having any symptoms of being hyperthyroid.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Weight gain and fluid retention are some of the commonest sideeffects of steroid treatment.
So most likely this is not caused by thyroid hormone overdose .
But since you mentioned high t3 levels, I would advise you get your free t3 , free t4, and tsh levels repeated and if still the t3_t4 levels are high and tsh is less than normal ,then consult your doctor for dose adjustment.
As of now it doesn't seem worrisome as sideeffects of steroids should resolve after completing the treatment and withdrawal of the medications.
Do discuss it with your treating doctor to be on the safer side.
Hope I have answered your query.