T-zone skin type, dryness on cheeks, dark T-szone comparede to rest. Treatment suggestion?

My skin type is T-zone,wherein it is dry on my cheeks and a lil oily on my nose..and also teh T-zone is a a shade darker than the cheek area..
Please advise on this ,,as to how i can get glowing even texture..
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 33 minutes later
So basically you have combination skin. The T area of you face appears a bit dark due to increased oil production.
Basically you need to use products meant to balance the oiliness as well as dryness over face.
You might follow these suggestions
1) use cetaphil oily skin cleanser. Its a mild cleanser and would not dry skin.
2) use water based moisturiser like Clinique moisturiser or sebamed product or you can use acne moist moisturiser over t zone while continue with normal hydrating moisturiser over cheeks. Apply sunscreen after moisturiser preferably gel based like suncote
3) use toner( alcohol free) over t zone prior to moisturising
4) you may use Glycolic acid 6 percent cream ( glyco a)on alternate nights for exfoliation and brighhtening of skin

Hope these steps would help in ensuring a good skin.