Symptoms like fatigue, pressure in pelvis, cervix soft and swollen. Can I be pregnant if I had light discharge during ovulation?

May 2013
I think I am pregnant but I am getting negative tests, even though I would be around 6w 3days...My last normal period was around April 5th. I had a "lighter than normal cm discharge during ovulation, which was around April 18 or 19. Had light implantation like spotting that started 10 days after that, and lasted 2 days. Then I got what seemed like a period starting 2 days early (I'm pretty regular, about 28 day cycles), it was heavy, and only lasted for 2 days, then turned into more spotting for several days. I assumed I was not pregnant and had just gotten an early period. Then I started noticing symptoms like fatigue, but having a hard time sleeping for a decent amount of time, bigger swollen breasts, mild pulling pains in my stomach and sides, pressure in my pelvis, mild ovulation like pelvic pains, slight nausea, hungry every 2 hours stomach always growling, my cervix was starting to get soft and swollen. I had 1 day where I got some very light o like cm, and after that, it felt like my cervix opening had something hard inside (maybe the mucus plug?) my cervix is hard again! I'm not really sure what to think, and I don't think I can get a prenatal appt without a positive test...I "feel" pregnant, off and on (aside from constant swollen breasts), but I don't want to get my hopes up. I've had a few early miscarriages in the past, so I'm kinda worried, but this would be the longest pregnancy so far! Do you think I am pregnant??
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

according to your findings the possibilities are,

1. early miscarriage: you didn't mention when you tested for pregnancy. If it is when you noticed implantation bleeding, routine urine pregnancy kits may not detect pregnancy that much early.
So there is possibility that pregnancy might have occurred and got aborted as your other symptoms are also pointing towards pregnancy.

2. normal menstrual period: as from 21 days to 35 days cycles can be considered normal, you might have had regular menstrual cycle with 26 days duration.

3. spurious pregnancy: it can be seen in women strongly desires to have children.
As you are having history of previous miscarriages that may be making you to think a lot about pregnancy which is leading to occurrence of these symptoms in absence of pregnancy.

Now what you can do is,
start folic acid and multi vitamin prophylaxis now,
this time when you expect ovulation, confirm it either by ovulation kit or by ultrasound and plan intercourse at that time.
Then under guidance of your gynecologist follow regularly with blood test for pregnancy and ultrasound preferably transvaginal to confirm whether fertilization occurred or not.
Once fertilization occurs continue pregnancy undercover of progesterone.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please do not forget to accept it.
take care
Follow-up: Symptoms like fatigue, pressure in pelvis, cervix soft and swollen. Can I be pregnant if I had light discharge during ovulation? 46 minutes later
Thank you for your answer! I don't believe that I am imagining any of this, I just assumed that I wasn't pregnant, after getting what I thought was my period. And I was ok with it.
I have read that you can have breakthrough bleeding though, in early pregnancy, and my mother has told me that she bled during her pregnancies.
The only reason I started to wonder again if I was pregnant, is because I started to get symptoms again...and all of them started within a day or 2 of the end of my bleeding.
Would I be getting these symptoms from my normal menstrual cycle? They are nothing I have experienced before! Or if I did have a miscarriage, would I "still" be getting symptoms more than 2 weeks later?
Most of my symptoms started "after" the bleeding had finished.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 hours later

as you told you can have little bleeding during early pregnancy in case of,
- because of implantation
- at the time of expected periods
- as there will be increased blood supply to lower genital organs, friction can lead to spotting.
But as you had heavy bleeding it can't be any of the above generally.

some of your symptoms can be seen during normal periods also.

Normally in case of miscarriage these symptoms will not continue except in case of,
-some products of conception still remaining in uterus.
- twin pregnancy with one sac aborted and one intact.
- bicornuate uterus with one side of horn still having fetus.
but these are rare.

Now you visit your gynecologist once get ultrasound done which will rule out above possibilities.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please accept it.
take care