Swollen vein between scrotum and anus. Advice?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a swollen vein between my scrotum and anus, today it seems like a pimple or boil came out where the vein was what can I do to treat this? Is this common?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Having a prominent vain between the scrotum and anus with a boil on it is certainly not a normal symptom. It is indicative of a local infection in the area.
Such infections do need antibiotics for treatment. STDs like Herpes also needs to be ruled out after appropriate serological tests.
Most commonly such lesions are the result of superficial staphylococcus bacterial infection.
I would suggest you to not to pop the blister, and keep the area clean. You can apply over the counter antiseptics for a couple of days after bath, to see if the lesion gets any better. You can plan the next step later, in the event if it doesn't. Keep a vigil on the number of lesions. Go for a review if numbers are increasing steadily and worsening happens over the next few days.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.