Swollen vagina after intercourse and hurts to urinate. Uti test leukocytes positive. What is wrong?

Question
hello,i had sex with my fiance fri.night and sat.night woke up,sun.with a swollen vagina internally. Very sore to pee...no discharge just swollen and hurts to urinate. The pharmisict told me to take a uti test leukocytea camw out positivw,but nitrites negative....?
help!
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
I think you have just started the sexual intercourse. Female genitourinary tract needs to get adjusted to the sexual activity and hence first few sexual intercourse are painful and cause local bruising and swelling.
The best way is to avoid sex for 2-3 days after first sex, so that the bruises heal.
You should keep a gap of two three days till you get adjusted.
Use lubricants like KY jelly to reduce friction, and ask the partner to be gentle, reduce on the buffeting.
For pain at present apply Xylocaine jelly locally, no antibiotics needed because leukocytes are expected in the urine in this state.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Swollen vagina after intercourse and hurts to urinate. Uti test leukocytes positive. What is wrong? 44 minutes later
We have a baby and this is not our first sexual encounters. Now it is starting to feel itchy,but again no discharge.just very red and swollen inside vagina and hurts to urinate. I wore synthetic panties and also my shorts were a bit snug. I washed with a feminine wash,could this be an allergic reaction?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 47 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
So that is not the first timer's woes.
It seems like an allergic reaction to the feminine wash or the synthetic cloth of the panty.
Another probability is that the tight under garments might have caused the infection to go deeper. Sometimes Bartholin glands get infected to result in such swellings.
You should take anti-allergic like Levocetirizine and a broad spectrum antibiotics like Augmentin in adult doses under the supervision of a local physician but prior to starting that send a Gram stain and culture of the vaginal discharge.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.

Follow-up: Swollen vagina after intercourse and hurts to urinate. Uti test leukocytes positive. What is wrong? 54 minutes later
What about benadril??

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
Yes, that is a good idea, I think you can get that over the counter.
You can give a trial to it for a day or two.
Take thrice a day to ensure good response.