Ask a Dentist   »  

Swollen underneath tongue, clear spots, not painful. What could this be?

ENT Specialist
I have the left side of my tongue underneath swollen and has tiny pin prick clear looking spots....its not painful at all
what could this be ?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 37 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Without examining the tongue it is difficult to comment about this. I wish you had uploaded images of the lesion so that I would be able to help you in a better way.

As per the description given by you, it seems to be either a blocked minor salivary gland on the left side or mere mucositis. Do not worry! None of these conditions are XXXXXXX A proper diagnosis can be made only after examining the oral cavity.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon