Swollen stomach, back pain and feeling difficulty to walk. How to get relief?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
my girlfriends left side lower back and hip also left side of her stomach are extramly swallon and has shottting pain up and down her leg she has a hard time standing on it and walking, it has happened once before n she went to a chriopractor and the aligned her back n said there was not much they could do n never gave her n answer, it is very worse now
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.

To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fermentation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles.
5. Do not sit for prolonged period of time in stressful postures.
6. Do use firm mattress
7. Avoid forward bending and rest well.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. She may get the X-ray/MRI of the lower spine under his/her guidance to rule out arthritis or other changes in her spine

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.