Swollen stomach and feet. Has Gall bladder carcinoma. What does it indicate?

my mom has Gb stage iv cancer already spreded to liver and lymph nodes. recently notices swelling on stomach and feet. what does that mean?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
A Gall bladder carcinoma of that much extent bears ominous outcome despite treatment.
The recently inreasing swelling at abdomen and feet indicates the escalated burden of disease- most likely it is due to decreased protein levels in blood. Cancers have negative impact on health and decrease protein synthesis in the body and so decreased Albumin levels.
Another possiblity is of compression of large veins in the abdomen which can cause such features.
She should be hospitalised as soon a posssible and overall outcome does not seem good despite management.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.