Swollen spots inside nasal passages. What is the cause and cure?

I keep getting spots inside one of my nasal passages. They appear every month, in the same place - 1 big one that swells up a bit and is very red, and kind of makes the outside of my nose look a bit swollen too. I also get a smaller one that is like a zit, which I squeeze as it's painful, but it just keeps filling back up again. They take a good 2-3 weeks to go, and then I only have about 1 week before they reappear.
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
You seem to be getting recurrent boils in your nasal passage. Nasal passage is quite a common area for staphylococcus aureus colonisation.
To treat and prevent the same
Maintain proper hygiene wash hands frequently with antibacterial soap. You may use antibacterial soap for bathing too.
Do not touch the area often
Do not try to squeeze the lesions
Take a course of oral antibiotic like amoxycillin clavulinic acid( augmentin)in adult dosage for 5 to 7 days.
Apply mupirocin cream twice in a day to infected site. You should continue with mupirocin for few days even when lesion heal to prevent recurrence
If the swelling or pain is bothersome, take antiinflammatory analgesic like Brufen..

Hopefully in few days your problem should resolve.