Swollen, sore throat, unable to swallow following intubation. What do you suggest?

i was intubated monday for ebdometrial biopsy and have not being able to swallow due to swelling and painful sore throat also lymph nodes outside of side of face are sore what can i use?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 47 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

Following intubation a person can have a sore throat and a hoarse voice for a day or two. However the pain, lymph node and swelling need to be investigated to rule out a bacterial infection. I suggest that you get your throat examined and, in the interim, take steam inhalation and a decongestant medicine. Following examination you may have to start an antibiotic course.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarificatioins or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal