Swollen right eyelids and blurry. Slight pressure in forehead. Should I be concerned?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hi- Past 3 days I have had my right eyelids swollen. my right eye is just a TAD blurry meaning I cannot read things as well far away as i can my left. the eye does not hurt when i move it around but the area is achy. I also have slight pressure by my tempols and forhead. is the eye concerning? im starting to get kind of scared. & I don't get to see a doctor for over a week. the swelling can be slightly seen by another person but when i close my eyes i can tell its def swollen .its not blood shot but dry...
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inflammation involving glands of the eyelid.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It seems from the history that you are having swollen right eye lid with pain and sometimes referred to forehead or temples.

These symptoms indicate inflammation of glands of the eyelids. The most common inflammatory conditions involving the glands of the eyelids are hordeolum externum and hordeolum internum. The treatment of both the conditions is similar and it is by oral analagesic drugs along with antibiotic eye drops. Hot compression to the local swollen area will provide relief from symptoms.

Since you are also having the symptoms of difficulty in reading with right eye you need to consult eye doctor for examination and prescription of glasses if required.

This is what I can advice you based on the history you have provided. If you can send me any reports or preferably photo of the swollen eye lid I can tell you more accurately.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you

Follow-up: Swollen right eyelids and blurry. Slight pressure in forehead. Should I be concerned? 16 minutes later
Hi the one on the left is the one that feels swollen . I know it doesn;t look that swollen. but feels like it ; as you can see my eyes are very much different sizes it looks which scares me right now. I can read- its just if i stand 10 feet away- small clocks and such my swollen eye is harder to see than my non swollen eye; the eye lids feel warm too.

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inflammation of the eye lid gland.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Thank you for the followup query.

From the photo you have sent it looks there is mild swelling, hence no need to worry. It is inflammatory condition involving the glands of the eyelids only as i had mentioned already. I think it will respond to antibiotic eye drops along with hot compression to the swollen area. Since you have mentioned in the history that you have gastritis,no need of oral drugs.
And please do consult your ophthalmologist or optometrist for examination and prescription of glasses if required after examination.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you

Follow-up: Swollen right eyelids and blurry. Slight pressure in forehead. Should I be concerned? 6 hours later
My eye doctor just ordered me Maxitrol Eye ointment . does this mean I had an eye infection?

he didn't really answer me when i asked.

He took some XXXXXXX and looked into both eyes with a microscope and then had me do a few tests- I had to click a button when looking into a screen and when i saw a squiggly line to click the button

another test he took pictures with a very green florecent light.

so is my blurryvision & swelling from infection? how long till this ointment works

he also gave me eye drops for dry eyes

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
By one week your symptoms will come down.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the follow up query.

Maxitrol eye ointment contains combination of antibiotics like neomycin, polymyxin B and dexamethasone a steroid. This drug is basically given for non infective inflammation.

From the history you have provided your doctor has done few tests to rule out dry eye. It seems dry eyes are cause for your blurring of vision.

Your inflammatory condition will respond in 5- 7 days. Dry eyes will start responding by one week but it requires treatment for more time take depending on the severity of the condition.

Hence no need to worry much regarding the eye condition, by one week swelling will come down and symptoms of dry eye will come down.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you