Swollen reddish painful vagina. No rashes. Used motrin. Reason?

General Surgeon
I am 63 inches, 130 pounds, female. on my left upper crease of the labia minora, I have a raw reddened area that is painful. There are no bumps,ulcers, or lesions. No bleeding, discharge. the area is localized and is slightly swollen. Is painful and is more painful to touch or with friction, swelling increases with friction. Motrin and ice have helped with the swelling but I can't figure out the source of the pain since all I can see is a raw area but no rash, ulcer etc.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 57 minutes later

In a female of 36 years age, raw area around the labia minora with redness, swelling & pain indicates some localized infection .

As these are are sign & symptoms of inflammation. Localized infection of some glands situated near or around the labia minora appear to be the main cause of all the sign & symptoms described by you.

Ice and motrin (brufen) are useful anti inflammatory measures. You may continue them for a few more days.

Inaddition, I suggest you to consult your primary doctor who can prescribe you some antibiotics after a detailed examination.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. If you have any further queries, I will be available to address them.