Swollen red rashes on hand, forearm and foot. What am I suffering from?

Dr. I have a red rash with bruising in the middle with slight swelling. Hot to touch! Seem to turn into boils. I have them on my hand, forearm as well as the top of my foot.

Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

The red rash that you have seems to be related to an allergic reaction or a contact dermatitis. Since the area is hot to touch, the chances of an infection are present.

It is best to take a systemic antibiotic with oral anti allergics to decrease the chances of infection.
You can get the necessary medicines prescribed from your dermatologist after a physical examination.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.