Ask a Urologist   »  

Swollen penile skin, watery discharge. Which medicine can be used?

General Surgeon
Question
skin of penis got swollen from the top having a bit water in it .... what to do ?? is dere any antibiotic cream to heal ??
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 28 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Swollen skin of the penis can be caused by too tight foreskin (so called phimosis), fungal infection, bacterial infection. It is really hard to determine which one has affected you not seeing it. So if you can please attach any photo of it, it would make it much easier to help you.

If you find it hard to retract foreskin from time to time, phimosis can be the reason. In such case, you should have small surgical procedure to fix it.

If there is any itching, redness or discharge in this area, fungal infection seems most probable. Skin can have some patches in case of fungi. There is a cream to treat that (Fluconazole for example), but it should be prescribed by your doctor.

Bacterial infection can give also burning while urinating, frequent urinating, skin redness. In such case, antibiotic should be prescribed by your doctor.

So in conclusion, I suggest you to visit your doctor who will be able to determine exact reason of your case and order proper treatment.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Swollen penile skin, watery discharge. Which medicine can be used? 6 hours later
i have upload the pic also ... please check it and suggest me accordingly. the side skin is swollen... i dont wanna go to the doctor .. so give solution over here... hoping for the best .... thanx

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 minutes later
I`m sorry but there is no picture uploaded.

Please try again if its possible. Just note that even if I will be able to tell you what exactly it is, doctors visit might be still necessary.

If you are having difficulty in uplaoding, you can send as a mail to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn Dr. Grzegorz Stanko".

Regards.

Follow-up: Swollen penile skin, watery discharge. Which medicine can be used? 14 hours later
i have attached the pic on ur mail id YYYY@YYYY please go through the pic n suggest me some medicine please.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
According to the picture you have attached, your penis skin looks pretty normal. It might be a little swollen, but can not see any sign of infection. If you have any problems with pulling back your foreskin, so it stays all the time like on the picture, this might be the reason of its current condition. So the best way for swelling to go away is to retract the foreskin, and try to keep it in such position for a day. The penis should be elevated, it will help with circulation.

If you have any problems with foreskin retracting (it seems too tight) or it won't stop swelling, sometimes the best way is to partially remove such foreskin. You should see a urologist and consider it.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Swollen penile skin, watery discharge. Which medicine can be used? 2 hours later
sir, bt the skin whis is swollen have some water in it .. wot to do for that .. n it has a bit pain also .. can u please suggest some medicine n cream for that

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 34 minutes later

Pain and swelling are the symptoms of compression. Swelling is nothing more than water accumulation in the tissues. Please try to imagine that when there is a skin problem (like skin compression), blood circulation is seriously impeded. So the small veins get compressed and the water from the blood gets out of vessels. Water in tissues is called swelling.

As long as you wont remove the compression, swelling wont go away. That is why I have asked you to put back the foreskin and have penis elevation. This is the best way to improve the situation.

Not always creams or medicines are effective. And it seems that no cream or medicine is necessary at your case. It might be, if the swelling wont go away.
If you really feel a need of cream usage, please try some cream containing Hydrocortisone (prescription might be necessary).

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Swollen penile skin, watery discharge. Which medicine can be used? 1 hour later
dr. can u please suggest me some name .. of the cream as well as some antibiotic for it which are available in india . please sugest me some names of medicines .......... hope ull provide me the names of cream to apply n antibiotics to take ........... thanks in antici[pation

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Hello!

I am really not convinced that any cream or antibiotic is necessary. In my opinion you should not use prescription medicines without doctors consult.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Swollen penile skin, watery discharge. Which medicine can be used? 16 hours later
i have uploaded a pic again to u please look in to the pic the water is still accomulated so please suggest some medicine for it .....

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 29 minutes later
Please understand that as long as you wont retract the skin (pull back), the swelling wont go away. According to your photo, the skin is still in the same place. And in such position of the foreskin, blood circulation in it is impeded.

I really would like to help you and give you a great medicine but there is no such medicine. Any medicine can make it only worse at this point.

So once again, please pull the foreskin back (retract it) and keep it retracted. IF you are unable to retract it, please visit urologist.

Hope this will help.
Regards.