Swollen, painful tendons after taking oxyelite pro. What do you suggest?

Question
I've noticed since taking OxyElite Pro my tendons are swelling up and painful. First my knees, now my elbow and wrist. I am also feeling pain in my shoulders. Do you think the product are causing these problems?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 36 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Such side effects are not reported with OxyElite Pro. But if you are facing such a problem after starting it please do stop it.

Exercise and dietary modification are the best methods for weight reduction. I suggest only these measures to my patients to reduce weight.

Go for a regular walk. Try to do at least 30 minutes of regular exercise a day. Try to be regular in your exercise. Try to avoid junk foods and calorie XXXXXXX foods containing fats.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Swollen, painful tendons after taking oxyelite pro. What do you suggest? 1 hour later
I've had Achilles Tendon for about 1 year now. My ankle is still swollen and hurts occasionally. What can I do to get rid of the swelling and why is it still swollen?

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 8 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

First one should identify the cause of this joint swelling. It could be arthritis of the joint or as you were mentioning achilles tendinitis or rupture of the tendon etc.

A physical examination followed by X XXXXXXX of the joint will help in identifying the diagnosis.

If Achilles tendinitis is causing the problem physiotherapy, heel pads etc may be useful. Your doctor may prescribe non steroidal antiinflammatory medication and steroid injections.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Swollen, painful tendons after taking oxyelite pro. What do you suggest? 43 minutes later
Can I take Naproxen 500mg while taking OxyElite Pro?

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for your reply.

OxyElite Pro contains caffeine which is a irritant to the gastric mucosa. Naproxen also causes gastritis and stomach ulcers. So the combination of the two may result in heart burn, vomiting, retrosternal pain, acid peptic disease, stomach ulcers, gastritis etc.

Hope this helps.