Swollen painful bump on face near ear. Have bump on head and spot on forehead with fluid. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I didn't see where to input my email address. Please respond to: YYYY@YYYY

I have a swollen bump on the side of my face in front of my left ear. It is painful, and I feel pressure. It was vaguely painful for a couple days, but in the last hours the swelling is very prominent (visible). Also have a small hard bump on my head, behind the same ear. Also have a spot on my left forehead near the hairline that is a fluid filled bump, which I had thought was a weird pimple, tried to pop, got clear fluid out - unlike a typical pimple, this is flatter.

No cold symptoms. My ear does not hurt. I'm also a little constipated and bloated, maybe from some raw XXXXXXX I ate yesterday and the day before.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The swellings that you have are likely to be related to superficial skin infections or sebaceous cyst or a lymph node swelling. A direct examination of the swelling is mandatory to find out the cause.
Since the one on your forehead had a clear fluid in it, there is every chance of infection now that the swelling is open. The pain also indicates an infection. You need to have proper systemic antibiotics to control the infection and get an FNAC done for the hard swelling behind the ear to find out the cause.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.