Swollen occipital node, supraclavicular node, pain in abdomen. MRI, ultrasound report came normal. Any suggestion?

Jan 2013

I have a swollen left occipital node and supraclavicular node but my CBC is normal. I'm also experiencing pain on my right lower abdomen
I've had an MRA and MRI with normal results. I've also had an ultrasound and CT scan of the abdominal pain with no major findings. I had a Caesarian and tubal ligation in May 2011
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have any boil in scalp/ throat discomfort?
Do you have pain & difficulty in swallowing?
Do you have constipation/ watery diarrhea/ vomiting/ spasmodic abdominal pain?

With the available described details, there appears to be least possibility of correlation between right lower abdominal pain and lymphadenopathy as your CT and MRI scan is normal.

Lymphadenopathy could be infectious (bacterial/ viral/ fungal/ parasitic) or non infectious in origin.
Infectious causes could be tuberculosis, brucellosis, histoplasmosis, infectious mononeuclesis, and toxoplasmosis.
Non infectious causes could be leukemia, lymphoma, amyloidosis, sarcoidosis.

Localized lymphadenopathy (as in your case) suggests loacl cause for enlargement of lymph nodes.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and ophthalmologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, peripheral blood film to rule out leukemia/ lymphoma/ brucellosis, excision biopsy of enlarged lymph nodes.

Treatment depends on the diagnosed disease.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava