Swollen mouth, dizziness,burning sensation on body, done LH, FSH and ESR , have asthma, PCOS and hypothyroidism

Endocrinologist
Question
my right hand corner of my mouth is swollen ,i feel dizzy.i have asthma, allergies, PCOS and Hypothyroidism, age 39, height, 5feet. i am having burning all over my body and also a warm feeling in different parts of my body.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in General Health
Follow-up: Swollen mouth, dizziness,burning sensation on body, done LH, FSH and ESR , have asthma, PCOS and hypothyroidism 11 minutes later
my LH levels- 9.2 miu/ml
FSH-5.9 miu/ml
my ESR level is high 55 mm/hr
Testosterone 39ng/dl

Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 17 hours later

I do understand that you have hypothyroidism, PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease) and asthma. You have been on various medications for the above condition. Your concern now seems to be related to burning and warm sensation in your body.

Your ESR(erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is elevated that could be due to allergy or any infection. Your LH(leutinising hormone) and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)are consistent with your age.

I would like to know your TSH and Free T4 values, to ensure that your thyroxine dose is adequate. If your thyroid functions are normal, then you might benefit from vitamin supplementation in consultation with your physician.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Swollen mouth, dizziness,burning sensation on body, done LH, FSH and ESR , have asthma, PCOS and hypothyroidism 5 hours later
IN JULY-2011 IN FEB -2011
TSH- 2.07 T4, FREE- 1.14NG/DL, T3-151ng/dl,
TSH-3.250
IN MAY-2011
T4 , free- 1.4ng/dl
TSH-0.98miu/l

can YOU LIST THE hormones I should ask my Endocrinologist to test.e,g
GROWTH HORMONE,
PROLACTIN
ALL THE PITUTARY, ADRENAL AND PANCREATIC HORMONES

Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 42 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for your feedback

Your thyroid functions are normal and that suggests that your thyroxine dose is adequately replaced.

I don't feel testing all your pituitary and pancreatic hormones would be required as the complaints you had mentioned need be related to your hormones and your FSH and thyroid tests are normal.

Further hormonal tests, if any required would be based on your clinical findings. Routine screening of hormones may not be warranted currently

Hope this helps.

Wish you good health

Best wishes and regards