Swollen lymph nodes in neck, puffiness below jawline. If this is related to cancer, would there be other symptoms?
User rating for this question
I have swollen lymph node(s) (or glands) on right side of neck below earlobe and some puffiness below right jawline. If this is related to cancer issues, i.e. mestastisizing, would there be other symptoms as well? Swelling is painless and swelling below earlobe seems to feel less swollen at times. Have no other symptoms (except nasal allergies). Have an appt. to see a physician in 9 days but would like some input before then.
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) The lymphnode swelling occurs in many conditions & cancer metastasis is a rare possibility. 2) Your lymph node swelling might be due some infection in ear, nose or throat. 3) The swelling also might be due the inflammation leading to secondary enlargement of nodes. 3) When you see your physician ask him to examine nodes. If there is necessary, he will ask for biopsy of nodes to rule out cancer which is rare possibility.I suggest you relax & dont think about cancer. This seems to be minor inflammation. I hope i answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
People also viewed
- Horrible smell inside my nose
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck and shoulder breast cancer
- How zepose medicine is taken
- Symptoms of swollen lymph nodes
- How does the ubicar medicine work
- Swollen lymph nodes neck cancer
- Hcg and throat swelling
- How melalite xl works
- Flutter in lower throat and electric jolt down arms
- How melanocyl works on vitilligo
- Cancerous swollen lymph nodes
- Gagging sensation at night
- How to treat papular urticaria medically
- Home remedy for running nose for babies