Swollen lymph nodes in neck, puffiness below jawline. If this is related to cancer, would there be other symptoms?
User rating for this question
I have swollen lymph node(s) (or glands) on right side of neck below earlobe and some puffiness below right jawline. If this is related to cancer issues, i.e. mestastisizing, would there be other symptoms as well? Swelling is painless and swelling below earlobe seems to feel less swollen at times. Have no other symptoms (except nasal allergies). Have an appt. to see a physician in 9 days but would like some input before then.
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) The lymphnode swelling occurs in many conditions & cancer metastasis is a rare possibility. 2) Your lymph node swelling might be due some infection in ear, nose or throat. 3) The swelling also might be due the inflammation leading to secondary enlargement of nodes. 3) When you see your physician ask him to examine nodes. If there is necessary, he will ask for biopsy of nodes to rule out cancer which is rare possibility.I suggest you relax & dont think about cancer. This seems to be minor inflammation. I hope i answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
People also viewed
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck and shoulder breast cancer
- Nose congested all the time
- Fluid filled growth on neck
- Symptoms of swollen lymph nodes
- Natural cures using bitter melon
- White filaments in stool
- Swollen lymph nodes neck cancer
- Non traditional allergy symptoms
- Fluid filled sac on yorkies head
- Yoga for zero size figure
- Nasal potential difference measurement
- Cancerous swollen lymph nodes
- Fluid filled mass to heel of foot
- Neti pot uk boots