Swollen lower lip, hard, white dots. Done icing. What can I do?

Hi my lower left lip is swollen it feels there's hard when I squeeze it I see little white dots what do I have or what can I take so my lip is not swollen? !?! I did the ice pack and everything nothing works
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to heathcare Magic!
This is angioedema, a type1 hypersensitivity reaction to either some medicine, chemical or some new cosmetic agent you have applied over there, or it may be a result of an insect bite like formica-the red ant, bee,wasp sting etc.
First thing you must have rapid access to ER, because at times these swellings increase at rapid pace and choke the patient due glottic edema before reaching hospital.
Mean while you should take stat shot of inj. Avil(pheniramine maleate 25mg) and inj dexona 8mg stat.
Rest medicine would be the oral versions of the same and would be known to your physician.
Please note the reason for this swelling and try to avoid it in future.
Wish you a great health!