Swollen lips, rashes, pain, white gums. Reason?

what is swallen lipswhy my lips got big with rash pain and white gums?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 31 minutes later

I shall address your concern based on your current given information. The following are lists of causes responsible for your symptoms

Swollen lips - Generalized swelling of both the upper and lower lips occur due to accumulation of fluid which is probably due to the activation of cell mediators that are triggered by a certain stimulus. They occur commonly in conditions like angioedema (an emergency), insect bites etc.

Associated with rash - One can speculate allergies to any drug/food/insect/pollen etc

Pain is usually due to stretching of the skin surface enormously in big swellings.

White gums, however due to Candidial fungal infection or also inflammation. Any other many underlying causes may also be responsible for white gums and others.

Currently "I do not have any history of yours nor have you explained the sequence of events". Hence I would have to tell you to get to the doctor immediately to rule out the emergency condition.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations, I will be available to address them as well.