Swollen leg and knee, protruding bone, pain behind knee and in calf. What is it?

I have a problem with my leg and knee. they are both swollen. The bone under my knee is sticking out a little. I just
started to get pain behind the knee & in my calf. What do you think it is?
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Thank you for the query.
You have mentioned that there is degenerative disk disease of back.From that I must tell you if the disease progress and there is disc herniation or rupture you may see leg and knee pain according to the nerve root effected.I will also raise the point on arthritis as there will be swelling of joints,stiffness and pain.I advice you to consult your orthopedician to confirm the diagnosis by radiological investigations.If you were my patient I will advice analgesics like tylenol,anti inflammatory drugs like advil and physical therapy.
I will also exclude the organic causes.

Hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Swollen leg and knee, protruding bone, pain behind knee and in calf. What is it? 9 hours later
Thank you very much. I will go to my Dr.
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 minute later
Its our pleasure to help you.
good day.