Swollen left eyebrow, puffy skin. Oestrogen, progesterone, testosteron, DHEA, Vitamin D, WBC low. Causes for puffiness?

Hi, I wonder if you can assist me please? For the last year I have had a slightly swollen left eyebrow. The skin underneath my eyebrow hair is puffy and a little bit tender. It feels like there is a muscle or something like that, that is really tense. Can you advise please? I have 3 root canal teeth and my oestrogen, progesterone, testosteron, DHEA, vitamin D and White Blood Cell count are all really low.
Can you advise what may be causing the tense, slightly puffy left eyebrow area.
Many thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 4 hours later

You have provided with good information, swelling in left eyebrow since 1 yr with puffiness and tenderness.

A swollen eyebrow may be caused by an infection, irritation from tweezing the eyebrows, or an ingrown eyebrow hair.

Since it is present from 1 yr it is most likely to be an infection or Dermatitis.

Other causes of a swollen eyebrow include an allergic reaction to cosmetics or facial products, and injury or trauma to the area. Sometimes, when a new cosmetic, such as an eyebrow pencil or eyeshadow it might cause this.

If you are using any new make up you can refrain from using it.Applying ice is generally helpful in bringing the swelling down, however, if ice is ineffective, an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication like Tablet Tylenol twice daily for 5 days is effective.

Dermatitis can also cause chronic eyebrow swelling, as well as itching and flaking of the skin. Sometimes, topical steroids are helpful in relieving symptoms of dermatitis and a swollen eyebrow.

Ingrown hairs and pimples can sometimes cause a bacterial infection. When infection of the hair follicles of the eyebrows occur, an oral or topical antibiotic may be prescribed.

Since it is present from 1 yr it is most likely to be an infection ,ingrown hair or pimple, Dermatitis.

It is unlikely to be caused by low estrogen, progesterone,DHEA,Vit D,White blood cell count.

It is better to consult an ophthalmologist before taking any medicines.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up queries.