Swollen left cheek, white spot on the inside. Causes and treatment?

swallen left cheek one white spot on the inside since to days.what is it and what should i do ?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 35 minutes later

Thanks for the query

From your given description, I think you are suffering from “cellulitis” of the cheek - which is basically infection of the cells that make your cheek.

What you need to do is to be on antibiotics like levofloxacin to reduce the infection and also prevent further complications. You primary physician can help you by prescribing the antibiotic to you.

In the meantime, you could also do the following
Avoid spicy food.
Gargle with betadine granules.
Avoid milk products.

Watch for signs like change of color, increase in size and increase temperature.
Danger sign would be if you develop fever yourself

Hope I have answered your query. I would be happy to help if you have any further questions.

Have a speedy recovery.